Thursday, February 28, 2013

Itsy Bitsy Messenger Bag

I've been trying to find time to start up a pattern business, but I've found that even though I can read any crochet or knit pattern, in symbols or by chart, it's harder to write them for someone else to be able to follow!  This purse is an example of my first attempt at such a thing.  I'm still working on the pattern--even though I can recreate it (and have, several times over!) I'm working on making it so that even a beginner crocheter could successfully make it.


At first, I made it without the flap, but I really like it better with it! It makes the perfect size messenger bag for my daughter's American Girl dolls, or she can carry it for herself. I admit I don't love it in this particular shade of green (although I do think it looks better in person--trying to capture it's color is hard to do) I do love this yarn--Caron Simply Soft Party.  It comes in several fun, bright shades, all with a bit of sparkle thread running through it.  There's a cobalt blue that's really pretty, plus a bright pink, purple, white, and this green.  You can find it at JoAnn's- that's where I got it-but today I'm heading to Michael's and I hope to find it there as well.

When I finally have the pattern finished, I'll post a link to my Etsy shop for anyone interested in buying it.  I'll include several options for the finished bag--with or without the flap, plus options for the strap.  It will also make a really cute Easter purse for a little girl; in fact, that's what I plan to do with the new yarn I buy today! I'll probably add some flowers to make it much more Spring-timey.  I'll show you all what it looks like when I finish!

Vanessa


No comments:

Post a Comment