Sunday, February 17, 2013

Cute and Quick Hat

Sometimes you never know where you are going with a project until it's finished.  This morning's crochet undertaking is an example of that.  It was a perfect morning--quiet, with the kids sleeping in after staying up way too late last night with friends.  As we are usually very busy with outside activities and school, having a day at home is a gift not to be squandered! It was a good opportunity to just sit and play with yarn.

So, I sat down with my coffee, fingers itching with anticipation.  First, I worked for a bit on the Diamond Carat scarf I posted about yesterday.  But, I wanted to make something and complete it--remember the crafting ADD?  Hats are the perfect sort of project for that, especially in a super bulky yarn. I picked up this Wool-Ease Thick & Quick yarn by Lion Brand Yarns right after Christmas when Wal-Mart had a great sale on it--only $1.88 a skein!  So I grabbed a big hook and got started, shaping the hat as I went.  A couple of rounds got ripped out as I went along, as I knew I wanted it shaped like a beret,  but not too big, and I wasn't completely sure what number of stitches was going to accomplish that goal.  Finally, I came up with a cute hat that fit my adult head fine, if a little snugger than I wanted, but looked perfect for my 8-year-old daughter, especially with a felt flower added to it (which I made for her as a barrette a few month back). What do you think?



I think it took me all of an hour and a half to make this, maybe two.  Considering I was making it up as I went along, I think I could make another in much less time!  I could post the pattern if anyone is interested; just leave me a message in feedback and I will!

Have a great Sunday!

Vanessa




1 comment: