Saturday, February 16, 2013

Diamond Carat Scarf from Ravelry

Wow! Two posts in one day!  Well, technically three, since my other post just below this is to direct folks over to my "What's Cooking" page.

I want to start posting about all the different projects I'm currently working on.  I'm hoping for some feedback, plus a way to encourage myself to finish a little more quickly than it sometimes takes!  I've joked to friends that I have "Crafting ADD"; what I mean is that I will start something, then go "Ooo, look at that!" and run off to start something else, then before you know it, yet another project will catch my eye and I can't think of anything else until I start THAT one!  Can anyone else relate?



This scarf I started back before Christmas.  It was the first of at least three projects I began as a gift for someone, only to go on to something else.  I have to admit--I'm kind of glad I didn't give this away, because I really like the pattern and I really, really like the yarn.  ;-)  I'm a little embarrassed to show it in this state, especially once I show you a picture of the finished scarf from the Ravelry website, where you can also go to buy this pattern.


(BTW--I have no special affiliation with Ravelry nor do I gain anything from suggesting this pattern.)  

I usually have fairly even stitches, so I'm going along with the idea that mine doesn't look right yet since it needs to be blocked--yeah, that's it ;-)  The pattern also has a row of Tunisian crochet blocks, and I've never done any Tunisian crochet before, so there's a bit of a learning curve here.

In the next few weeks I'll post updates to this project, plus add some other projects I'm working on.  I also have a pattern I've created for a little purse for my daughter and her friends that's perfect for her to carry or for her to with her 18" doll (you know the one!).  It's the first pattern I've ever written, and I've made it three times, and now I'm waiting for some feedback from a good friend who has kindly agreed to try it out!  When I know it's good, I'll post it here!

Happy hooking!!

Vanessa


No comments:

Post a Comment